PROFES 2019 will host several tutorials that will cover a wide range of topics related to product-focused software process improvement from theoretical foundations to practical applications. Tutorials at PROFES provide a valuable opportunity for conference participants to expand their knowledge and skills in specific topics under the umbrella of product-focused software process improvement. Tutorials may be aimed at participants from both industry and academia. Instructors are invited to submit proposals for half-day and full-day tutorials and, upon selection, are required to provide tutorial notes in PDF.
- Tutorial proposal submission: April 15, 2019
- Notification: April 26, 2019
- Tutorial day: November 27, 2019
Tutorials with too few registered attendees may be cancelled.
Tutorial proposals should include the following information:
- Title (including optional short title)
- Name, affiliation and contact information of (all) tutorial instructor(s)
- Abstract (up to 350 words) for publication on conference website and registration materials
- Description of tutorial including a) covered topics, b) learning objectives, c) tutorial format (including activities such as lectures, hands-on exercises, facilitated discussions, group activities, role playing, game, etc.), d) 2 to 3 key take-away messages for the audience
- Duration (half-day or full-day) and tentative outline with approximate timings
- Target audience, pre-requisites, indication of level (novice, intermediate, expert), and desired number of participants (minimum and maximum)
- Special requirements, e.g., facilities, audio-visual and technical equipment, materials
- History of tutorial (if applicable), including previous locations/venues, attendance, etc.
- Instructors’ experience in teaching the tutorial topic, including other tutorials, courses, etc.
- Brief biography of each instructor (for later inclusion in publicity materials)
Proposals (between 4 and 6 pages) should be prepared using the LNCS template (see PROFES submission procedures) and sent via email in PDF format to both tutorials co-chairs (please include “PROFES 2019 Tutorial Proposal” in the subject line).
Proposals will be reviewed by the PROFES 2019 tutorial co-chairs. Acceptance will be based on:
- Timeliness and expected interest in the topic
- Interest to the community (research and/or practice)
- Potential for attracting a sufficient number of participants
- Organizer’s ability to lead a successful tutorial
To submit proposals for tutorials and for more information please contact the tutorials co-chairs:
- Dietmar Pfahl, University of Tartu, Estonia, dietmar.pfahl(at) ut.ee
- Matthias Galster, University of Canterbury, New Zealand, mgalster(at) ieee.org